27 June 2008

I want to end my life!

After dododoyo, now I have another child, he is just 11 and he said this: I want to end my life at all cost.

It has been a very challenging week with only few hours of sleep per day.
Las t night, my colleague and I have to attend to a kid who was crying in the room. From 3.30am till about 5am. So in total, I hardly sleep for 4 hours. Right now, the best thing for me to do is to blog, at the same time, waiting for the camp to end and I can hold briefing with the coaches, and then.. Hopefully, get some zzzz.

What does it really meant to “end my life”?
Can you imagine if you are a parent and your child tells you that he/she wants to end her/his life? Perhaps for some, it is an easy way out. In recent years, we have been hearing students telling their parents, teachers, school counselor, psychologist or even psychiatrist that they are very stress. STRESS has become a word that is very powerful. For many parents, when they hear their children saying that they are stress, they will just fall into the very panic mode, afraid that their child behaves irrationally and do silly things.

What have the children today become ?

I believe that we are created for a purpose and reason. If we choose to end our lives, we are just disrespecting our creator. There are people in hospital, at the edge of dying fighting for every single day, single hour, minute and even second. I always say this: is only that god think highly of us then post us the challenge. Therefore, cherish and live life to the fullest and be the best we can be.

I must say that this holiday is very enlightening for me, I finally get to “practice” and experience some of the theories I learnt in class, such as distorted the irrational beliefs of the kids, and ABC Theory for autistic child.

No comments: