07 June 2008

We are who we THINK we are

I just had an enlightening conversation with my boss (Adam Khoo – Singapore’s Top Motivational Trainer), and all I want to do is to pen this for all the reader. We started talking about Anthony Robbins (Unlimited Powers) and I was asking my boss what’s Anthony Robbins’ background, is he a psychologist, psychiatrist or have some medical science background. Guess what! I supposed none of us will expect Anthony Robbins was once a janitor and a school drop out. I was told by Adam that his turning point was that Anthony Robbins chance upon Richard Bandle, attended his Neuro-Linguistic Programme (NLP) course, but again he drop out of the course. Having the material, he started his own motivational talk and there is where he began to be very famous. Anthony Robbins also went on talk shows which he challenged all the therapist to bring their most challenging client to him and he will solve their issue just in half an hour. Well, he did it! Of course there are still non successful cases, but they are not featured.

This brings me to my next point about disorders. Are disorders biological or non-biological? With my recent successful experiment, I help a cerebral palsy teenage to “walk” again. For the passed 17 years he could only stand for 30 seconds, but in the camp, he walk for minutes. Then Adam asked if I came across reading Deepak Chopra’s book. Of course, being so clueless, I asked for more insights. (Well, I can’t deny that Adam got so much to share in this field).

Deepak Chopra’s theory suggest that human being have the ability to chance it own biochemist just be shifting the thoughts. With this change in the thoughts, the body begins to chance the chemical compound in the cell and with this in great manifest, the whole body chances. Heard of this saying – We are who we think we are! Isn’t it very true? So what’s in your mind now, and what are you telling yourself?

No comments: