17 June 2008

Blessing ?!?!?!

I just came back from training in Surabaya. For many of my outstation trips, I think this is one of the most memorable. The moment that I touch down Surabaya, I wanted to call my mom to let her know that I’m safe and sound. That was the moment that things started to go wrong for me. My lovely HTC phone decided to fail on me.

Well, in my mind I was still telling myself, it’s all right. Count myself lucky that I still can receive and call. Ok, so let’s move on. I shifted all my focus on my training the next day. The next morning when my colleague and I arrived the training place, first thing first, the projector person cannot get the get the image toggle to the screen. Just 10 mins before the training, my colleague realized that the person did not connect the cable to the right port. Ok. 2nd hinder passed !

Just as I was about to toggle my laptop and show a short video, I realized that my laptop began to be crappy. The start menu kept popping up itself and it disrupts the function of the laptop. I knew for sure… something is not right. Ok. Laptop got virus, but it is still alright because I save most of my things in my hard disk.

Just ½ way the training, my darling colleague phone went off. Initially, I thought it was my phone, I forgot that we share same ring tone. So as I was reaching for our phone, I DROP MY HARD DISK. O yes. For that moment, I was just praying that everything is going to be fine fine fine.

I quickly pick up my hard disk, hopping that my laptop will read the disk… BUT I didn’t…
That is it… first was my phone, follow by laptop and now my hard disk.

For the moment, I don’t know how to describe my feeling… it is just so beyond words and explanations.

So the first thing I did when I got back Singapore was to get all these fix !!!
That every moment I got down my flight was to call the company IT guy, Aaron.
He spend the entire night to reformat my laptop (so that I can post my blog now). But my hard disk (which contain my work from 2003 – now) à GONE. it would need about 3K – 4K if I really want to get it fixed. Well well, I’m sure going to give it a miss…

The best part when I related my mishap to my very close friend, he told me this: Perhaps it is the time for a NEW start.
Maybe… but I know for sure… more work to come by……

And coincidentally today’s quote for me was:
YOU DON”T HAVE TO BE GREAT TO START, BUT YOU HAVE TO START TO BE GREAT.
Well said !!! I'm going to be great and ALL IS WELL

1 comment:

Angelia said...

heyys rosie! i've found your blog! heez..it's been really great reading your posts:) hope to see you soon yea! take care!:)

loves,anqing