04 August 2008

When Relationship Fails....

Today I was talking to a very close friend of mine. She was facing with some difficulties in her relationship and she decided to break up. She said this: many people would think that it is hard and cruel thing for the party that is receiving the news, but no one would spare a thought for the one who ask for break up. It could be even tougher than receiving the news.

I may not be a relationship expert, but I can feel her frustration in the relationship. If I were to be in her shoes, my heart would have died long ago. There were times that she tried to talk their issues but over the year things did not work out.

I remember that some time ago when I had a lot of cases to handle in which most of they are children from broken families. I asked myself this that why relationship in the past seem to last longer compare to now. I guess the key to successful relationship is this one word: COMMITMENT.

In the past, most of the people were just match-make and they manage to live together for long, is because of the commitment they had. I remembered that my grandparents used to fight a lot when I was younger, and according to my aunties, they were worst before I was born, and now they are still together. There is no such thing as divorce or giving up in the relationship. But today, look at the society! I think in every 4 out of 10 children, they parents are divorced or separated.

What has gotten into the mindset of people in this era? Is it that we have more choices now? I can’t answer for other people, but I know that I will have the uncertainties in making decision. Part of me tells me that I need to hang on, perhaps things might work out, another part of me tells me that if I would have let go, probably we will be better.

My relationship philosophy is that, if it is meant to be, no matter what it will happen.
Everything happens for a purpose and a reason. In my whole entire life, I choose to believe that we are either her to learn our lesson or for other to learn our lesson or perhaps both. The ONE up there shall decide then. Take control of what is controllable and let the rest fall in place itself.

Maybe this is a lesson for us to learn or maybe this is the way you get on with life. Whatever it is, I sincerely wish you all the best in life. Perhaps it was difficult and unacceptable at the moment, you got to learn to deal with it. Things will keep happening to you until you have learnt the lesson. Good Luck with your upcoming. Thank you for your help past 1 year. I hope the next relationship you get into will be better.

No comments: