27 July 2008

The Thin Thin Line

Beside this busy main road is their home, their world.
I was filled with anxiety and fear when I step in. The staffs are all warm and friendly, this help a little to easy how I was feeling.
I was given 2 thick files and just soon after, she came in.
She stuck out her tongue and her eyes were no in focus, I sensed that there was tension in the room. This is the first time she is meeting me, and probably I’m the first person, other then the staffs in the Home, she is meeting for the first time of her 25 years in this Home. She will be with me for the next 13 to 15 weeks or so.
After a 45 minutes “conversation”, I got to know her better. I must admit that it was really very difficult. 35 year old girl with the mind of less than 3 year old, communication id one of our greatest barrier, most of the time, I was guessing what was she talking about, even the 1 word answer.

Just as I was about to go for lunch, another emergency situation arose.
He just flew into rage and was kept in the room that he is familiar, Time-out room.
The staff took him to see me, for that moment, I became one of the consequences of his behavior. 18 years old with the mind of a child. Fight, snatching food from others, ransacking the dustbin to find food regardless if it is rotten or dirty, a consistent visitor of the time out room. This melancholy experience led me feeling wistful.

Trails will always be trails when people choose to escape from it. Beside the busy road, in the never sleep company, there are people who flight very hard each day to proof themselves yet just within the thin line, there are people who chose to give up. Perhaps that was the best option that one can take. Well, well, people just have to go through certain event in life to learn and grow from there.

What is life all about, there are some people who are just waiting for death yet on the other hand there are some people struggling, fighting every single moment they have. What is the ideal meaningful life? Life is full of suffering and yet at the same time is also FULL of OVERCOMING. Face all trails with equanimity and trails will no longer be trails….

All is WELL….

No comments: