08 March 2009

HOPE

This blog is specially written, HOPING to nudge humanity among people.
Part of me feels that this society lacks humanity. Maybe it is just what I chose to see.
I was in bus 857 heading home from Suntec, I was very lucky to get a seat together with my mom since we board the bus from the terminal. Well, after 2 stops, at esplanade, an Indian lady board the bus, she was carry an infant with her. My look whispered to me asking if wanna give up my seat for her. Well, initially I didn’t want, in fact I was a little reluctant and my legs are aching after long day of walking. (that was a guy sitting in front of me.. so I was kinda of expecting him to give up his seat.. being more gentleman..)

At the end, out of conscious guilt I stood up and gave my seat to her.
She sat down without expressing her appreciation / or say thank you.
For a moment, I felt that I “ought” to give up my seat for her! (I was upset!)

And I had to desensitize my dismay for the whole journey.
I debated with myself for a long time….

01. When I did a good deed, was I looking for a return ???
02. No one force me to give up my seat, so theoretically I “volunteered” myself. (I asked for it)
03. Ill-mannered! A thank you would kill you izzit?
04. Do you really need people to appreciate your good deed? Consciously speaking, you did your part to live up your moral conscious..
05. This is life! Stop dreaming..

Conclusion: at the end of the day, I touch my heart and I can answer my own morality..
*Touching hearts, inspiring lives*

I really hope that one day the society will be "warmer". (not global warming!)

No comments: